Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Commuters Turning To Scooters

Video news clip from WMTW 8 in Maine, but pretty informative. Follow the PA DMV and NJ DMV links on the right to see what's required in your home state to drive a motor scooter.

In PA, The holder of a Class C (car) license is authorized to drive a motor-driven cycle which has an automatic transmission and a cylinder capacity that does not exceed 50 cubic centimeters.

In NJ, a motorcycle license is required to drive all motor scooters, and manufacturers need to be on a NJ "approved" list to be able to register and license.

In both PA and NJ, motor scooters must be registered, titled, insured and inspected to operate on public roads.

Check out www.pamsp.com for the nearest Pennsylvania motorcycle safety course. In NJ, check out www.msf-usa.org. Lots of fun, invaluable info and highly recommended. These courses are VERY popular, so sign up as early as possible!